GENIO Still Jacketed has been specially designed and built for distillation and rectification of liquids containing solids (distillation on-the-grain). GENIO Still Jacketed is compatible with:
- Rectification column – for spirit production
- Stripper column – for stripping runs
GENIO Still Jacketed is available in the following configurations:
- 50 liters (13.2 gal) – max amount of liquid / 60 liters (15.9 gal) – Gross
- 100 liters (26.4 gal) – max amount of liquid / 120 liters (31.7 gal) – Gross
- 250 liters (66.0 gal) – max amount of liquid / 280 liters (74.0 gal) – Gross
- 500 liters (122.0 gal) – max amount of liquid / 600 liters (158.0 gal) – Gross
GENIO Still Jacketed utilizes a special heat transfer oil as a heating medium in non-pressurized tanks. Standard features include an agitator with a gear reduction ratio of 1:90. In this configuration, the stirrer turns at 18 rotations per minute. The operation of GENIO Still Jacketed + Stripping Column is done using controls on the power supply module attached to the tank. When the still is operated in the configuration of GENIO Still Jacketed + Rectification column, then the still is controlled using the GENIO touchscreen computer attached to the rectification column.
GENIO Still Jacketed incorporates a number of original innovations that are not found in other devices. All tanks are insulated with a special black foam rubber through which we have achieved minimal energy loss. GENIO Still Jacketed is supplied with complete accessories necessary for immediate operation.
GENIO Still Jacketed, is heated through the use of heat transfer oil, which allows for the distillation of all liquids containing solids such as milled flour, cereals, fruit etc. By mounting the appropriate column on the GENIO Still Jacketed, we can achieve rectified spirit production using a rectification column, or stripping run using a stripping column. With rectification column we can obtain neutral spirit at above 95% ABV (190 proof) for vodkas or choose lower proof alcohol production for spirits such as bourbon, whiskey, gin, rum, grappa, cognac, brandy, rakija, tequila, calvados, vodka. One should always remember that the quality of alcohol is determined by four factors:
- Recipe and the quality of the liquid which will be distilled
- Skills and experience in alcohol distillation
- Equipment used to control the process of mashing, fermenting and distillation (from our side, we offer equipment with state-of-the-art controls)
- Final “treatment” of alcohol, (aging, resting, maceration, filtering, etc.)